With the arrival of winter, the number of people who cough, sneeze and have a cold on the street, on public transportation, at work and in school is gradually increasing. The headline “Influenza Pandemic at Your Doorstep!” that dominates the newspapers and statements made by the Ministry of Health describing that year’s influenza becomes a part of everyday conversation. Mothers are bundling their kids up excessively, to the point where they can barely walk properly.
For those who have had a seasonal flu, you know the power of good rest, adequate and balanced nutrition, warm chicken soup, plenty of tissues, and a compassionate voice. However, herbal tea recipes and medicine recommendations that spread by word of mouth can make a simple cold or flu much worse. So getting help from an expert and obtaining reliable, scientific information will be key to keeping healthy.
- 10 Flu Myths. Harvard Health publications, Harvard Medical School.
- Mevsimsel Grip Hastalığı, The Ministry of Health of Turkey, Public Health Institution.
- A 10-Minute Consult: Cold and Flu. A Harvard Medical School Guide: Cold and Flu.
- Influenza (Seasonal). World Health Organization, Fact Sheet No: 211, March 2014.
- Kış Aylarında Beslenme Önerileri, The Ministry of Health of Turkey. http://beslenme.gov.tr/index.php?page=125
Bizimle İletişime geçtiğiniz için teşekkür ederiz.